Fans Of “(500) Days of Summer” Will Eventually Annoy You As Much As “Garden State” Fans
Here is what is going to happen with “(500) Days of Summer”:
1. “(500) Days of Summer” will open in limited theaters and only be seen by indie movie fans.
2. It will eventually get a larger audience and be seen by that douchey guy/girl that you know.
3. Said douchey guy/girl will ask you if you have seen it yet, to which you will reply, “Yes…weeks ago.”
4. Said douchey guy/girl will tell you “That movie changed my life!” and, thanks to the hipster cool soundtrack, claim to have loved The Smiths for years, and ask if you have heard of Regina Spektor.
5. You will have to excuse yourself to throw up.
Too snobby? Yeah…probably. However, this is exactly what happened with “Garden State” and all the sudden Shins fans after that popped up. Tell that every time some guy or girl told you that they identified with that movie so much you didn’t want to throw up? Seriously…there is no way that movie is “about you” because that would mean that it’s about almost everyone.
That being said, the recently announced soundtrack does have some decent indie rock on it. Not surprisingly, it features She & Him doing a cover of The Smiths’ “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want”. Click here to see the entire soundtrack, which features Regina Spektor, the Black Lips, Feist…and Hall & Oates?!?!