Quick Hits! Susan Saradon’s Boy Toy, Channing Tatum’s Nuts, Teddy P. Visits Soul Train In The Sky, & Marvin Harrison Gets Drilled By GQ
All kidding aside, what is happening in Haiti right now is worth everyone’s attention. There are numerous ways for Americans to help contribute to the relief effort, my suggestion is UNICEF. I won’t try to put what it must be like to live through such a thing in my poorly written words, but I will say that my heart goes out to everyone suffering through the tragedy. It’s bad enough that the Haitian government already abuses their citizens, but to have this disaster fall on top of everything is simply tragic.
Okay…let’s make fun of celebrities okay?
- The R&B legend Teddy Pendergrass passed away in Philly yesterday. He was paralyzed from the waist down due to a car accident, had surgery due to colon cancer, and presumably passed away from the beating his life had taken over the past 30 years. Teddy P. was a Philly native, but there’s no word if the beatdown my Eagles took on Saturday contributed to his death.
- Jackie Earl Haley is going to be the villain Sinestro in the forthcoming “Green Lantern” movie. I tried watching “Watchmen” a few nights ago and that freaking movie is just God awful…but Kelly Leek rocks in it. At this point, every movie villain should be played by Haley.
- Which is funnier: Channing Tatum playing a Roman army officer circa 140 A.D. or that he had boiling water poured on his wanger? I saw “G.I. Joe”…I would rather have taken the cooked penis.
- Gawker is doing a great job in detailing the Conan-Leno-NBC fiasco. Why great? Well, they post all the mean stuff these guys keep saying about each other. Of course, the real and deserving punching bag in all this is NBC.
- It looks like Annie, I mean Susan Sarandon, has found herself a new, hot, young starting pitcher to show off. Those reliable folks at People (which my sister has bookmarked) is saying that Sarandon is nailing some ping-pong club owning NY hipster. I just don’t see what is so attractive about her anyway. If you’re 30 and you want to score a hot, older redhead, don’t mess around. Go straight for Sophia Loren.
- What do Ray Lewis and Marvin Harrison have in common? They are both NFL Hall Of Famers…and they killed a guy.