Home > Cinematically Correct > Louis CK Greatness, No Hobbits Until 2012, & George Lucas Is Out To Kill Another Film Genre
Louis CK Greatness, No Hobbits Until 2012, & George Lucas Is Out To Kill Another Film Genre
Sooo…anything good on TV tonight?
- Louis CK, who in my opinion is the funniest comedian alive today, has a concert film at Sundance right now that Quint from Ain’t It Cool loves. Louis was damn funny in “The Invention Of Lying” and FX picked up a new show that he created and will star in. As long as this newfound stardom doesn’t make him stop being amazingly politically incorrect, I’m okay with it.
- Hundreds of parent’s basements are filled with tears today as Sir Peter Jackson announced that “The Hobbit” will not see theaters until at least 2012. Sure, “The Hobbit” will return Ian McKellan and Andy Serkis to their roles from the “Rings” flicks but who is going to play that big evil dragon that Bilbo fights? How about Kim Cattrall in the interest of saving money on makeup and effects?
- Here’s an article all about the death of all things indie. I would read it but reading is so mainstream that I refuse. Hold on for a second, I need to adjust my pork-pie hat.
- In an effort to further the very definition of the word “suck”, George Lucas is going to make a CGI musical. Please…just stop.
- Greg Oden admitted that the nude pictures that got out are for real. I don’t see the big deal, it’s just his pet boa constrictor. All kidding aside, a 48-year old man taking pictures of his junk is just wrong.
- Sam Jackson talked to MTV about whether or not he will play Nick Fury in “Thor” or the other Marvel flicks. He didn’t know if he was going to be in it or not but he did show off his sweet wallet.