3D Robots & Wizards! The Dude & His Lightdisc! My Jealousy Regarding Orlando Bloom’s Hair!!
Was there anything good on TV last night?
Ha. For the tens of you eagerly awaiting my deep thoughts on the first two hours of the final season of “Lost”, you’ll have to hang on for a few more hours. I’m trying to decide the best way to tackle all that went on…oh, I have to do this stupid job too.
- I’m not ashamed to admit that I really dig Orlando Bloom. I don’t even know if he’s that great of an actor and I really am not a fan of the “Pirates” movies. It’s really Bloom’s involvement with “Kingdom Of Heaven” and “Elizabethtown” that makes me dig him. Why the Bloom praise? He’s going to star in “The Good Doctor” and his role as an insecure doctor sounds like a needed change for him.
- Lee Zolotoff is back in the news. What’s that? Who the hell is Lee Zolotoff? Exactly. He’s the creator of “MacGyver” and he is apparently pissed off about this whole “MacGruber” movie. I suppose he’s mad about the fact that this new movie spoofs on a show that hit its popularity peak about twenty years ago. Those SNL folks…always striking while the iron is hot.
- This is neither here nor there or a news story but shouldn’t NBC just put “Saturday Night Live” out of its misery? Whoa…how Larry King of me.
- It sounds like the next Harry Potter and Transformers flicks will be released in 3D. Michael Bay once said that 3D was a fad. Then, somebody showed him the amount of cash “Avatar” has raked in and Bay changed his tune. Is there a bigger show biz whore than Mikey Bay?
- In some sad news…Phil Harris, he of “The Deadliest Catch”, had a stroke last Friday. He is the bearded, scruffy Captain of the ship called Cornelia Marie. I don’t want to point fingers but the guy seemed to permantly have a Marlboro Red attached to his lip. Now I’m not doctor, but that can’t be good. My wife and I dig that show and he is one of the more entertaining guys on it so this is a real bummer. Here’s hoping he comes through okay.
- Finally…you want a lightdisc? I can get you a lightdisc. I can get you one by 3:30…with nail polish.