Quick Hits!! Damon Goes Against Type, Kevin Smith Bottoms Out, & Why Are Most Hobbits English?
Hm, I can’t seem to find much random stuff this morning for me to blather on about. I will say that I am in love with the Local Natives album “Gorilla Manor”. They are easily my new favorite band of all time that I’ll listen to this week and obsess over for a month or so.
- Wow, these early “Cop Out” reviews sure sound like the movie is a major, major stinker. Is it time for the world to realize that Kevin Smith may be a…deep breath…bit of a hack? Trust me, those who know me will realize the paradigm shift in thinking this represents for me. Look…he hasn’t made anything really worth seeing since “Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back” and even that flick is more amusing due to the inside jokes than anything else.
- Tracy Morgan isn’t funny.
- Is Matthew Goode the next Bilbo Baggins? I would be okay with that choice. He’s a good actor (see “The Lookout”, “Match Point”) and has earned a shot at the big time. I haven’t seen “A Single Man” but I’ve read enough to know he’s good in it as well.
- In a move that goes against all convention, Matt Damon will play Robert Kennedy in a new biopic. No doubt that Damon will have to leave his militant right-wing beliefs in his trailer as he steps into this role. It’s going to be tough for him to play such a famous Massachusetts liberal like RFK.
- The Coen Brothers have rounded out the cast for their remake of “True Grit” by hiring the unknown Hailee Steinfeld. So far, they have aforementioned Matty Damon, Josh Brolin, and the genius of Jeff Bridges stepping into the famed John Wayne role. Seriously…just give Bridges Best Actor for this already. I don’t even have to see it. This movie is definitely The Greatest Movie of All Time That No One Has Seen.