Quick, Knee Jerk Oscar Reactions
My immediate thought? Boring. Uber-boring. It’s getting to be painful to watch. That’s particularly sad because I really love movies and all that surrounds them, which makes the film world’s big night even more disappointing.
• Most humble: Christoph Waltz
• Least humble: the chick that won Best Costuming. What a creep.
• Most confusing moment: what the hell was Sean Penn talking about? That guy is setting records in strangeness.
• Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin were decent enough. Baldwin played the straight man most of the night, while Martin let himself take the brunt of the jokes. I’d take another year of them.
• Forgetting Farrah Fawcett in the, umm, dead folks montage was pretty inexcusable.
• The best two moments by far were the Sandra Bullock acceptance speech and the bit by Robert Downey Jr. and Tina Fey.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone