Holy F’ing Cow! It’s Time For A List Of Albums That I Love So Much That I’m Putting Them On A List Of Albums That I Like
It’s July 2nd and NPR has already put together a best of 2010 list. What a ridiculous practice. Who the hell is interested in looking at a best of the year list when we’re only halfway through the year? Stupid timewaste if you ask me.
Here’s my list of The Best Albums of 2010 So Far:
12. Vampire Weekend, “Contra”
11. The Dead Weather, “Sea Of Cowards”
10. Broken Bells, “Broken Bells”
9. Spoon, “Transference”
8. She & Him, “Volume Two”
7. MGMT, “Congratulations”
6. Frightened Rabbit, “The Winter Of Mixed Drinks”
5. LCD Soundsystem, “This Is Happening”
4. Wolf Parade, “Expo 86”
3. Broken Social Scene, “Forgiveness Rock Record”
2. Local Natives, “Gorilla Manor”
1. The National, “High Violet”
At this point, it would take the second coming of “Sgt. Pepper” to knock The National off the top stop.
There have been a few disappointments and underwhelming efforts for me. “Infinite Arms” by Band Of Horses is a huge disappointment for me. I adore reverb soaked vocals and guitar as much as ever alt-country junkie out there and this group was championing that cause. This record is just, well, boring. I don’t know. Maybe I expect too much from these bands?